Bitcoin price is showing reversal signs above the $11,550 resistance against the US Dollar. BTC must surpass the $12,000 resistance for a sustained upward move.
- Bitcoin started a steady rise above the $11,500 and $11,550 resistance levels.
- The price traded as high as $11,731 and it settled above the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There is a major ascending channel forming with support near $11,650 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken).
- The pair is likely to accelerate higher if it clears the $11,800 and $12,000 resistance levels.
Bitcoin Price Recovering Steadily
After forming a support base above $11,400 and $11,200, bitcoin price started a fresh increase against the US Dollar. BTC broke the main $11,500 hurdle and the 100 hourly simple moving average to move into a positive zone.
It even surpassed the $11,650 level and traded as high as $11,731. The price is currently consolidating gains and trading near the $11,680 level. An initial support on the downside is near the $11,650 level. It is close to the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the recent upward move from the $11,400 low to $11,731 high.
Moreover, there is a major ascending channel forming with support near $11,650 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair. If there is a downside break below the channel support, the price could test the $11,550 support zone.
Bitcoin price trades above $11,650. Source: TradingView.com
The 50% Fib retracement level of the recent upward move from the $11,400 low to $11,731 high is also near the $11,568 level. On the upside, the price is facing a couple of short-term hurdles near the $11,800 level.
The main hurdle for the bulls is near the $12,000 level, above which the price is likely to start a strong rally. In the mentioned case, bitcoin is likely to hit the $12,500 level.
Downside Correction in BTC?
If bitcoin fails to continue higher above the $11,800 and $11,850 levels, there could be a short-term downside correction. The first key support is near the channel lower trend line near $11,650.
The main support is now forming near the $11,550 and $11,500 levels, below which the price is likely to resume its decline towards the $11,000 level.
Hourly MACD – The MACD is now losing pace in the bullish zone.
Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) – The RSI for BTC/USD is correcting lower towards the 50 level.
Major Support Levels – $11,650, followed by $11,550.
Major Resistance Levels – $11,800, $11,850 and $12,000.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Bitcoin becomes more accessible as the number of ATMs increases to 10,411 across 71 countries.
- $6.7 Billion in Bitcoin is Now Held by Public Companies
- The Norwegian Oil Fund now owns hundreds of Bitcoins
- Bitcoin and Ethereum Rewrite History in Several Ways
- First Deputy Prime Minister ranked Blockchain as one of Russia’s priorities